Many people used to associate yoga with spirituality or any helpful physical activity for relaxing body and mind.
But you need to know that this is not entirely true!
Yoga can also help you tone and shape your body, just like any gym workout.
However, you should keep in mind that yoga by itself will not work miracles on your body!
So, to achieve your dream body and see great results quickly, you need to adopt a healthy lifestyle too!
Are you interested in gently losing a few extra pounds?
Then you are in the right place!
Grab your yoga mat (here is the one I use) and start changing your mind and body with these 5 yoga poses to lose weight!
5 Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
1. Kumbhakasana (The Plank Pose)
This posture is ideal for strengthening arms, forearms, shoulders, and abdomen at the same time.
It is one of the best-known postures in the yoga world!
Its different variations can help you add more intensity for better results.
How to do Kumbhakasana?
- Place your body parallel to the floor, fully extending your legs.
- Your arms should be fully stretched and at the same distance as your shoulders.
- You can either face forward or face the floor.
- Hold the posture for as many breaths as you can, and then take a rest.
- Repeat the cycle at least four times.
If you want to add intensity, you can bend your arms, keeping your elbows close to your ribs.
2. Virabhadrasana I (The Warrior Pose)
Become a warrior with the virabhadrasana!
With this posture, you can strengthen your whole body, as well as improve your balance.
You’ll improve the way you move your hips, hips, legs, and glutes.
The important thing is to maintain the pose for as long as possible.
How to do Virabhadrasana I?
- Take a breath and take a long step to the left, and spread your legs at least one meter apart from the standing position.
- Turn the foot you have moved at an angle of 90° outward and flex the knee at 90° degrees as well.
- Turn the foot behind at an angle of 45° and keep that leg straight.
- Rotate your trunk and hips so that they align with your front foot.
- Raise your arms until they are parallel and touch your ears.
If you want more intensity with this position, you can add the consecutive variants Virabhadrasana II and III.
3. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
Training all your core muscles at the same time has never been easier.
You’ll be able to strengthen your lateral and frontal abdominals while developing your balance skill.
How to do Naukasana?
- Sit on the floor with your back straight.
- You will raise your knees to your chest and your calves parallel to the floor.
- Then separate your knees a little from your chest and hold this position as long as possible.
- Then raise your arms outstretched parallel to the floor.
- You can extend one or both legs for more intensity while keeping your balance and the distance between your chest and knees.
4. Utkatasana (The Chair Pose)
Considered the yoga squat!
This pose will help strengthen your legs, buttocks, and abdomen while maintaining balance during the position.
How to do Utkatasana?
- Starting with your legs together and bend your knees
- Keep your back straight, with your arms stretched upwards, touching your ears.
- Hold your eyes straight ahead, and go lower, as low as you can, without losing your posture.
For more intensity, choose to stand on your tiptoes. Or you can do a twist by resting your elbow on the outside of the opposite knee (the twisted chair pose).
5. Sirsasana (The Headstand Pose)
You’ll be giving your brain a shot of oxygenation with The Headstand Pose.
Turn your world upside down while working your biceps, triceps, abs, glutes, and legs.
How to do it Sirsasana?
- Place your hands on the floor at the same distance as your shoulders.
- Rest the top of your head on the floor, forming a triangle.Put your elbows at 90° degrees, raise your hips over your head and rest your knees on your elbows.
- Keeping your balance, raise your legs slowly until you can make the posture straight.
- As you do each step, remember to breathe gradually and focus on it.
Yoga For Everything!
Just like it sounds!
Yoga’s benefits are not limited to losing weight and improving your appearance.
It has been proven over the years that this ancient Indian discipline will help you develop different aspects of your life.
You will improve your body’s balance, elasticity, and strength.
You will channel your emotions better, and many people claim that you will calm your mind as soon you get into it.
Learning also how to efficiently control stress and the effect it has on your body.
So, don’t hesitate to incorporate yoga into your daily routine; also be sure to grab your FREE yoga kick start kit here worth $197 while they’re still available, you will thank me later 🙂